Thursday, March 25, 2010

FutureMe.org

You know how you start out on someone's blog - someone that's familiar to you? Then they point you in the direction of someone else, who lets you know about something you hadn't heard of before?

Well that happened to me. I found the FutureMe website. The idea is that you write an email in the present, to be received in the future. You can send it to yourself or someone else. I did it. To myself. To be received 1st January 2011. Here's hoping I won't be disappointed in myself when I read it. I allowed myself to hope. Please God don't let me be disappointed. x

Anyway. You can make your letter public, but anonymous. Below are some I found interesting/funny/thoughtful:
  • Some wisdom

  • This one to be received 26 years into the future. From a young man to his middle aged self

  • Funny in a sad kind of way

  • Very organised, no happy accidents in that household...

  • Optimism

  • There is some swearing in this one - so skip over it if you don't want to read it
It feels good to put something out there that is only between your Present and Future selves. Why don't you give it a go?
Oh and the pic? Thats my future self of course... ;)



2 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Hey lovely. I'm so glad that the stumble led you to something you love!

can you please email me? I have the details for the Sweet Art Project. xx

Nic said...

Oh - some of these mada me all teary. I didn't even venture to the site, but I did go and buy some shoes as recommended by the blog above!!!!! Nic