Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stepping out of my comfort zone



Our weekly knitting group is going great guns (how old am I again? Knitting group at 32?).

One of our group members, Jo, is a long time friend and a creative inspiration to me. She has the courage to tackle things she doesn't necessarily know how to do in order to learn more. So she was the first to whip out the Double Pointed Needles (DPNs) which looked scary to me. She has taken on projects that require yarn to be put all over the place, back and forth and every which way...or so it seems.

So with Jo having tested the waters, I took the plunge and copied a pattern she had made earlier. A beanie. A cute one at that. And it worked! DPNs and all...


1 comment:

Victoria said...

Thank you for your kind words on my "beautiful kate" post - it was quite a moving film. This post made me smile - if you were to go back not so long ago, you'd see a very similar hat on my needles, although they were round needles!