Sunday, October 11, 2009

Knitting Nannies



Our weekly knitting group is going great guns. 5 months in and usually every week there's at least a few that gather to click needles and chat. The Big Fella calls us the "Knitting Nannies" - an adaptation of the term "Knitting Nancy" which is a french knitting toy we used as kids. Apparently he's not up to speed on how super cool knitting is again, and thinks I'm getting all granny on him.

Anyhoo, I've been pregnant since we started our group so my attendance is optimistically hoped for each week...but as I get closer to my due date the tiredness is increasing (so tired I could cry if you even look at me, kind of tired), so I either attend with something mind numbingly simple to knit or opt out to spare these lovely ladies from an outburst of tears the kind of which they may see daily with their toddlers anyway (why put them through more?).

Having said that - I have completed my second project. I started it in February and finished it in August. A childs scarf took me 6 months, but it's done. Lined with cute spotted fabric (I'm addicted to paisley and spots at the moment), S has been wearing it for the past couple of months and it works a treat.


The satisfaction of seeing her running around outside in a beanie and scarf that I made brings me more pleasure than I ever would have expected.
Now, onto the next project...




******************************************************

I just wanted to thank you for your kind and supportive comments on my last post. It means so much to me xxx

No comments: