Monday, April 20, 2009

Sewjourn retreat



I am lucky to be dear friends with Jo. We have known each other for a long time but it wasn't until we had kids that we discovered similar interests...such as craft.


Like me, she is a shocking perfectionist (said with the utmost respect and love Jo!), and so her work is beautiful. Perfect. Inspiring.


She has been blogging for several years now and has made several blogging friends. One of which is Leslie. Together they decided to put together a weekend craft retreat. So I went. And I sewed. And I talked. I also learned to crochet a granny square (thanks Kirsty!). Another lesson was to take a deep breath and remember who I am when I'm not mummy. I'm not half bad.


Sewjourn is a beautiful place for creative people to visit, indulge, unwind and create. It is beautifully decorated...with hand made quilts or blankets on each bed. Lots of lovely touches like fresh roses and lavender in vases. And a huge studio equipped with all you need to just plug in and create.


So as you can imagine it was SUCH an effort to eat, create and play with my fellow retreaters. Such a lovely bunch of ladies - Jo, Leslie, Kirsty, Christie and Carly. Each so talented in their own way.


Great company, food and conversation. I had a ball. Thanks girls! And to top it off I even came home to a happy husband and child. Definite Bonus. Perhaps I could do this again..?



1 comment:

Tamara said...

I am so jealous of you girls. I would have love to have gone.

Glad you all had such a great time.